Penguin Books 0-670-91246-8
Using his tried-and-true methods even the busiest, least motivated gardeners can achieve a bountiful garden that works in harmony with Nature, not against it. His fully illustrated manual explains how you can:
- harvest the suburbs, turning your garden into a self-sufficient source of vegetables, fruit and flowers
- design a garden ecosystem that includes bird-attracting native shrubs and trees
- start a garden using the no-dig and other amazingly easy methods
- utilise techniques such as composting, mulching, crop rotation, companion planting and self-recycling gardening to maximise pleasure and results and minimise time and effort
- grow great gardens without artificial fertilizers
- and much more …
Jeffrey Hodges has comprehensively revised his bestselling book to meet the growing demand for fresh, safe food and flourishing gardens that replenish the earth’s resources – and our own lives.
Plus in this new edition there is:
- a special emphasis on water conservation methods
- an extensive guide to replacing toxic pesticides with natural ones.